MENU

Monday, September 19, 2016

Romy Roams Ilocos Day 2: Laoag Sand Dunes, Cape Bojeador, and Bangui Windmills

The highlight of our trip would have to be the 4x4 ride in the Laoag Sand Dunes. We had to be ready by 6am and take a short ride to the sand dunes. 

Before we began, we were given a few reminders. J, Y, and I were standing at the back of the 4x4, and we were told to bend our knees and hold tight. 

It was a blast!!! We were screaming and laughing throughout the ride. It was like being on a roller coaster, but the feeling was more intense, and there were bumps along with the rise and dips. We stopped at certain places to take photos. It felt like we were out of the country. Toto, we're not in Pinas anymore!







The Laoag Sand Dunes adventure also came with unlimited sand boarding. You either sit or stand on the board and slide down the sands. I had sand all over me on my first try. Inside my t-shirt, on my face, at the back of my neck, everywhere. But I still gave it a second try. Fun!

One 4x4 ride costs Php2,500 and it can accommodate up to 5 passengers. But even if there are only two passengers, the price is still the same. So better to avail of this in groups.


For your own sand dunes adventure, contact Marlon Castro at 09758885687/09465859455. You may contact them thru their Facebook page, Laoag Sand Dunes Ilocos Escapade. 


We returned to the hotel to have breakfast, then proceeded with the tour. We visited the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse.




We tried authentic Ilocos Empanada after a tiring climb to the lighthouse.
We visited the Bangui Windmills next. This was a special place for me because when I visited in 2009, I wished that J was with me (hence my sign). Fast forward to 2016, and there we were!  




We proceeded to Pagudpud Beach. It was too hot to swim, and we didn't have enough time anyway so we only ate a very mediocre lunch at Hannah's Resort and some of us (not including me) tried the zip line over the ocean. 

The Blue Lagoon in Pagudpud Beach.

Then we stopped to take photos at the Patapat Viaduct and the Bantay Abot Cave.

A literal long and winding road, the Patapat Viaduct is the fourth longest bridge in the country.

The Bantay Abot Cave is not really a cave, but a hill with a hole in it because it got destroyed by an earthquake.


Our last stop for the day was the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation. We could only take photos and admire it from afar, because it's now forbidden to go to the exact rock formation. I wonder when this started, because I saw many tourists and even prenup photos shot there.


Because we were going home the next day (Saturday), we didn't have a chance to attend worship service at any locale in Ilocos. I did see a lot of chapels big and small scattered throughout the province. I snapped one on our way back from Kapurpurawan and back to the hotel after our day's tour. 




No comments :

Post a Comment